Booking terms and conditions - general
- By booking with Craskie Estate Ltd (herby referred to as 'us' or 'the company') you agree to abide by our terms and conditions set out below and in the information
packs provided within the accommodation. Craskie Estate reserves the right to terminate your stay if these terms and conditions are not adhered to.
- Our terms and conditions are subject to change at any time.
- Acceptance of bookings is at the sole discretion of the management.
- Your contract with us provides accommodation and extras as described in our website and as detailed in your booking confirmation.
- Accommodation must not be sub-let.
- The number of guests occupying the accommodation must not exceed the number of guests informed at the time of booking or agreed in advance with the
- Check-in time is from 4pm and check-out is 11am. Please contact us if you need to arrive before 4pm.
- Special offers/deals must be paid in full to secure your booking and these payments are non-refundable.
- You must provide us with full contact details prior to a confirmed booking.
- The person named on the booking correspondence and invoices/receipts (hereby refered to as 'the hirer') accepts full liability for the behaviour and conduct of all
party members including dogs.
- We reserve the right to request credit card details at check-in for the purposes of covering any additional charges accrued.
- All accommodation is non-smoking, we reserve the right to charge for additional cleaning if you smoke within any of the properties.
- The premises should be maintained and left in a clean and tidy condition.
- The hirer is responsible for any losses or damages incurred to but not limited to furniture, fixtures and fittings, structures, animals and property of Craskie
- Bookings for sole use of all our available accommodation are subject to a £200 refundable 'good housekeeping' deposit payable by cheque. This will be returned once it has been confirmed that no damage has occurred.
- Although every effort will be made to ensure their safety, the company accepts no liability for any damage or losses incurred to any persons, vehicles, pets or
personal property during your holiday.
- Guest safety is of paramount importance to us however, Craskie Estate is a working estate and smallholding in a wild landscape and there may be dangers outwith our
control. As such the use of accommodation, facilities and the estate as a whole are entirely at your own risk. Children and pets should be supervised at all times. You are responsible for your own
safety at all times.
- We advise all visitors to take out suitable travel insurance to cover your trip. We can accept no liability for problems with availability of accommodaton arising
from anything outwith the company's control. We will endeavour to assist you in locating alternative accommodation, although this may not always be
- Please avoid loud music after 11pm and respect the privacy of other guests and your hosts at all times.
- Outdoor fires are allowed at Craskie Estate, please adhere to the Scottish Outdoor Access Code. As we are located in a Special Area of Conservation and the estate
contains ancient caledonian pine forest please burn only firewood available from us or fallen, dead wood in the designated firepits provided. No tree may be cut down or trimmed and a fee may be
charged by the company for any damage or loss suffered. The hirer is responsible for the safety of, and any damage caused by, fires started by any party member.
- Fishing day passes are available for non-residents at £15 per rod. This entitles you to fish for brown trout (in season) and pike on the north bank of Loch Craskie
and the River Cannich (within the bounds of the estate) on a catch and release basis.
Booking terms and conditions - The Old Mill
- Your booking has been confirmed when we receive your 50% deposit payment. Until this has been received we reserve the right to accept a booking from another
- Your booking is not fully finalised until we have received your balance payment (at least 30 days prior to your holiday). If you have to cancel your holiday we will
endeavour to re-book the accommodation. If we are able to re-book you will receive a refund of your payments minus any reasonable administration charges. If we are
unable to re-book your holiday dates we will be unable to refund your payments. Please ensure you have adequate travel insurance for your holiday.
- Dogs are accepted by arrangement and their acceptance is at the sole discretion of the management. £10 is charged per dog per week to cover additional cleaning costs.
Please do not allow dogs on the furniture or beds. We can provide crates if required. Any damage caused must be paid for. Dogs may be off lead in the Old Mill garden but must be kept on lead in the
area immediately outside (within the deer fence). They should be kept under control on the rest of the estate as there are wild deer and livestock in the glen.
Please be aware of the potential dangers of livestock worrying. You agree to keep your dog(s) on a lead in any field containing livestock. Please pick up after your dog(s) wherever
- We strive to minimise our carbon footprint at Craskie estate so please do not burn fossil fues such as peat or coal in the fire at The Old Mill. Firewood can be
purchased on site.
- Your booking at The Old Mill provides you with full access to the estate including one free day pass for all guests to fish the north bank of the River Cannich and
Loch Craskie (within the boundaries of the estate) for brown trout (in season) and pike on a catch and release basis. Additional day passes can be purchased for £10.
- Loyalty discount: Returning guests to The Old Mill qualify for a 10% discount on accommodation costs. You must inform us at the time of booking that you are a
returning guest. When taking advantage of this offer, all payments are non-refundable. Loyalty discount cannot be combined with any other special offer.
Booking terms and conditions - Eco pods.
- Payment in full is required to confirm a booking of less than 6 nights.
- A 50% deposit is required to confirm a booking of 7 or more nights with the balance due at least 30 days before the start of your stay.
- If you have to cancel your Eco Pod stay please inform us as soon as possible. We will endeavour to re-book the accommodation and if successful we will refund your
payments minus any reasonable administration charges. If we are unable to re-book your holiday dates we will be unable to refund your payments. Please ensure you have adequate travel insurance for
- Cooking with flame inside the pods is not permitted.
- Dogs are accepted by arrangement and their acceptance is at the sole discretion of the management. An additional £5 per dog, per stay is charged to cover additional
cleaning costs. Please use the leatherette covers provided to avoid damage to the matresses. Dogs must be kept on a lead within the deer-fenced garden area. On the rest of the estate please keep them
under close control as there are deer and livestock in the glen. Please be aware of the potential dangers of livestock worrying. You agree to keep your dog(s) on a lead in any field containing
livestock. Please pick up after your dog(s) wherever practical.
- Day passes are available to fish for brown trout (in season) and pike on a catch and release basis for £10.
Craskie Estate Ltd
Company Number: 09140010
VAT Registration: 196524476